This pizza crust is the real deal!! No sacrifices here — even your gluten-loving family will dig it 😉
Pizza Crust - gluten-free & grain-free
- 1/2 cup tapioca starch
- 1/2 cup arrowroot starch
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 L egg
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 Tb olive oil
- 1/2 cup water
- Pre-heat oven to 400F & line a 12” round pan with parchment (leave a little extra on edges).
- Sift all dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Whisk wet ingredients in a small bowl.
- Add wet to dry and whisk until smooth.
- Pour bater onto lined pan and spread evenly, (it may be very thick; just keep spreading with a spatula until surface is covered).
- Place in heated oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven. The top should be firm and cooked. Using the parchment edges, carefully flip crust directly back onto the pan so the opposite side is down. Remove the parchment paper and bake for another 5 minutes. (For a crunchier crust, after flipping slide directly onto oven rack—using those oven mitts!)
- Now the crust is ready for the toppings, or it can be cooled on a rack and topped later or frozen.
- The topped pizza can bake at 400F for about 12-15 mins, and broiled for 1-2. Bake it on the pizza pan, or for a crunchier pie place directly onto oven rack.