This beyond simple, creamy dreamy concoction not only tastes amazing, it is loaded with fuel for your beautiful brain! Walnuts boast high levels of antioxidants, ALA omega-3, and polyphenols to reverse oxidative stress and lower inflammation. They also make a mean latte.
- 1 cup/125 gr walnuts
- 1 litre water (plus soaking water)
- *Soak walnuts in about 2 cups of lightly salted water for 1-2 hours.
- Strain the nuts and rinse well.
- Combine nuts and 1 litre of water in a high powered blender. Blend for about 30 seconds until smooth.
- Strain through a fine mesh bag or cheesecloth.
- Store in the fridge for up to 5 days.
*Nuts and seeds all require unique minimum soaking times. Walnuts only need one to two hours of soaking to reduce digestive inhibitors and enhance the nutritive benefit. You can also simply leave the walnuts soaking in a closed container in the fridge overnight.