These muffins are not only loaded with protein, but they also have plenty of fibre and quick-burning medium chain triglycerides. I love these muffins for breakfast or as an energizing afternoon snack!
Blueberry Protein Muffins
- 3 cups + 6 Tb almond flour
- 6 Tb protein powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 Tb coconut oil, melted (but not boiling)
- 3 eggs
- 6 Tb maple syrup
- 6 Tb coconut milk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 Tb cinnamon
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Whisk together top 4 dry ingredients; be sure to sift in the soda and salt.
- Whisk together wet ingredients, starting with the eggs, then maple syrup, coconut milk, vanilla, and finally coconut oil.
- Mix together wet and dry just until combined.
- Fold in berries and cinnamon gently, so that there are streaks of cinnamon left in batter.
- Dispense batter amongst 12 lined muffin cups, they will be quite full.
- Bake at 350F for 30 minutes, rotating pan halfway.
- Allow to cool 5 minutes before transferring to wire rack to cool fully so they don’t go soggy. These are also delicious warm from the oven, served with a glass of nut-milk or grass-fed milk!
Source: Natural Chef Lisa Virtue, virtuegourmet.com