These grain-free blondies are sweet and “cakey,” with fibre, protein and healthy saturated fat from coconut oil, (yes healthy, saturated fat maintains cell membranes, and assists hormone production and calcium absorption 😉).
Coconut Banana Blondies
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup protein powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil, cooled slightly
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
Make your own paleo baking powder by combining one part baking soda and two parts cream of tartar.
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Sift together first four dry ingredients.
- Mash bananas in a medium bowl. Using a whisk, mix in the eggs and then drizzle in the oil. Add sugar and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Add dry ingredients to mixture and whisk until combined. Allow to stand a minute while preparing the pan.
- Line a 9X9″ or 8X8″ pan with parchment. Scrape the batter into your pan with a spatula.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove pan from oven and sprinkle with coconut, then rotate and return to oven for another 15-20 minutes until golden and set in the centre.
Nutrition per serving: 193 cal, 12 gr fat, 27 gr carb, 5 gr protein, 3 gr fibre, 20 gr sugar
Source: deliciousmeetshealthy.com, adapted by Natural Chef Lisa Virtue